Wednesday, September 15, 2010

She calls it a what?!


A home studio. Yup. I guess, in reality, it's in her home. It's a place to paint. A place to hold classes. But... this is no ordinary studio. Not as we in the Decorative Art world know it.

This, this is a home studio like no other. Altered and morphed into an experience. As a friend called it... a hybrid. Yup, that word suits.

Sharlene Arseneau owns Artfully Toled in Calgary and I was honoured to be taken to and welcomed into her home to see this treasure. Oh my, I wish I lived closer and could take advantage of all she has to offer. The classes are varied and beautiful with something for everyone. The environment is welcoming and the inventory and supplies are organized and vast. Pattern packets, books, surfaces like no other, paints, mediums and a warm, inviting hostess and gifted artist.

Sharlene picked me up from the hotel on the Monday and went to the UPS Store to drop off the boxes of booth supplies destined for the Seattle Painting Convention, North
West Toleliners (and I dutifully filled out all the forms and customs forms, lol), then off to lunch and to visit Cactus Art Supplies. Wow, what a place. Everything my heart desires (but couldn't possibly buy 'cause no more room in my luggage [grin] - honey, you were safe, lol).

Then she took me to her home to show it off and continue our social girl chat [smile]. So glad to call Sharlene a friend. Thanks, Sharlene, I had the best visit and getting-to-know-you time.

~Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment